Individuals who have attended an approved medical school can apply to Caribbean Medical University and will be considered for admission after completing the application and submitting all documents required. Acceptance is contingent upon review of the aforementioned. Please contact the Admissions Office before submitting an application for transfer if you have specific questions.
Transfer students must submit all documentation required as listed below and must be in good standing at their previous school.
- Enrollment in an accredited MD, DO, MBBS, or MBChB program or equivalent based on the country
- Previous medical school is listed on the www.wdoms.org (world directory of medical Schools) with sponsor notes showing that the school was in good standing at the time courses were completed.
- Courses successfully completed at the school may transfer over upon review of your transcripts
- GPA: 2.8
- Clinical science maximum transfer of credits: up to 24 weeks of rotations
- Premedical Science should have been completed in full at any accredited college or university post High/Secondary School education/ Advanced Levels/ International Baccalaureate. Students attending an accredited college/ university with fewer than 90 undergrad credit hours and/or without, or have only some undergraduate level prerequisites for medicine can apply as a transfer into the Premedical Program
1Although your medical school may be listed on the wdoms.org directory, credits from some specific medical school may not be accepted. Based on the medical school an applicant is seeking transfer from, if accepted, the student may need to repeat courses to satisfy requirements. Please contact the Admissions Office to verify. Caribbean Medical University does not offer advanced credit for courses taken in graduate or professional degree programs (e.g. Nursing, Chiropractic, Physician Assistant, Podiatry, Dentistry or other allied health professional programs)
- Click here to apply
- $75.00 application fee
- List your medical school first on the application, then undergrad/premed school
- Select Program: Premedical, Basic Science, Clinical Science
- Enrollment terms: Spring (January), Summer (May), and Fall (September)
SUMMARY OF ADMISSION DOCUMENTS
After applying, please login to your existing application and upload the documents below.
If you have trouble to login, forgot your login, or need technical assistance to know how to upload documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photo (image format: jpg): one passport style color photo (2″ x 2″) (do not submit a picture of your passport as your photo)
- Official transcripts*: medical school transcripts, undergraduate and graduate school as applicable or evaluation report of your medical school transcripts, undergraduate, graduate school as applicable—see below.
Academic transcripts not in English will require a translation even if we do not need an evaluation report.
- Course-by-course evaluation and GPA
- Education Credential Evaluators (ECE): https://www.ece.org/
- World Education Services (WES): http://www.wes.org/
- Any company listed with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) http://www.naces.org/
- Personal essay/statement (PDF format) about your interest in medicine and why do you want to transfer to CMU, up to 750 words. Also, explain anything in particular related to any issues at your prior medical school. You can upload it to your application
- One (1) Official Letter of Recommendation: Please request an official letter from a professor and he/she may submit directly to email@example.com
- MCAT and or TOEFL/IELTS scores if applicable may be sent via email to Admissions
Please request official documents to be sent to CMU:
Caribbean Medical University*
Attn: Office of Admission
5600 North River Road Suite 800
Rosemont, IL 60018
Toll Free: (888) 877 4268
Fax: (224) 499-7454
*Do not send any Curacao immigration documents to this address.
Note: All documents forwarded to the Admission Office become a property of Caribbean Medical University.
Within two weeks of submitting an application and all admission documents required.
Within a month of the acceptance notification, accepted students should submit the acceptance form signed along with a $ 1,000 (one thousand) non-refundable seat deposit in order to reserve a seat in the classroom, clinical rotations, and for other services. The amount will be credited to the first semester tuition.
Feel free to contact CMU’s Office of Admission at (888) 877 4268 Extension 1 for any questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Information for Premedical/Basic Science Students – Curaçao
We highly suggest applying at least three months prior to the term you want to start, if you do not need a visa to enter or transit visa in route to Curaçao.
If you do need a visa to enter Curacao, and or any transit visa in route to Curaçao, then we highly suggest applying at least six months prior to the term you want to start.
Please click here and scroll down to see the entry requirements.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CLINICAL SCIENCE TRANSFER STUDENTS
Students who have completed all basic science may transfer into clinical semesters to complete all requirements of CMU’s program: successful completion of an approved review program, NBME exam, USMLE Step 1 and 72 weeks of clinical rotations to graduate.
Students with clinical credits (up to 24) will be placed on the semester according to CMU’s curriculum after the Admissions Committee has reviewed the application, and will need to complete all clinical science rotations including some core rotations, and pass all USMLE exams. For more details and or information on immigration to the U.S., please contact the Clinical Department.