Below, there is the list of all the requirements which have to be met (including documents submitted) at least weeks prior to the start of each trimester as the Request for Rotations (RFR) to the Rotations’ Coordinator at the CMU Campus in Willemstad, Curacao (RFR@cmumed.org) to qualify for clinical medicine rotations by the Faculty Clinical Rotations Committee.
Email from the Finance@cmumed.org verifying Full Clinical Clerkship Semester Tuition Payment
- Criminal Background Check
- USA National Criminal Background Check;
- For US students we require students to Submit an FBI Nationwide Background Check.
- For Canadian Students we require a RCMP Background check.
Curriculum Vitae/Resume Including outline of undergraduate degree with listing of courses, premed, etc
Health Insurance. Front and back of document/card.
Student Health Clearance Certificate (please see attached)
Record of immunity as 1 pdf file or individually marked as below
- MMR vaccination or immunity status
- Varicella infection or Varivax
- Hepatitis B vaccination or refusal form
- Tdap booster (last 10 years)
- proof of Flu Shot
- TB test (or if a known positive reactor, a negative chest X-ray)
Must include the reference values / titer levels reports
Experimental vaccinations not required.
Letter waiving liability of Dr. Ryan Jackson and CMU is required for waiving vaccinations.
US Passport style
State/Provincial ID / Driver’s License
Copies of pages showing photo, passport number and expiration date, and visa
- Proof of visa or Immigration status in USA (Non-US Citizen)
- Non-US Citizen students please provide copies of their immigration visa.
- Non-US citizens are responsible for obtaining all required Visas, work permits and other government approvals to allow the student to perform US clinical rotations. You may contact immigration specialists for assistance, but the costs and fees are the student’s responsibility.
- CMU recommend that non-US students obtain a B1/B2 Visa for the purpose of completing their clerkships in the United States. The Rotations Department will send a signed Visa request support letter for the student to submit to the United States consulate in their country or for the Canadian Students, at the US border. The border service officer or immigration officer will review the information as well as the student’s record through their system. CMU will only provide students for US visa once they have completed Basic Sciences and are ready to commence their clinical Clerkships.
- HIPPA & OSHA Certificate
Panel of Drugs Test
- amphetamine sulfate (speed, whizz, gooey), methamphetamine (crank, crystal, meth, crystal meth, rock, ice)
- dexamphetamine and other drugs used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy (dexies, Ritalin, Adderall, Vyvanse, Focalin, Concerta)
- marijuana (weed, dope, pot, grass, herb, ganja)hashish and hashish oil (hash)synthetic cannabinoids (synthetic marijuana, spice, K2)
- cocaine (coke, powder, snow, blow, bump)
- crack cocaine (candy, rocks, hard rock, nuggets)
- heroin (smack, junk, brown sugar, dope, H, train, hero)
- opium (big O, O, dopium, Chinese tobacco)
- codeine (Captain Cody, Cody, lean, sizzurp, purple drank)
- morphine (Miss Emma, cube juice, hocus, Lydia, mud)
- amobarbital (downers, blue velvet)
- pentobarbital (yellow jackets, nembies)
- phenobarbital (goofballs, purple hearts)
- secobarbital (reds, pink ladies, red devils)
- tuinal (double trouble, rainbows)
Benzodiazepines (are also known as benzos, normies, tranks, sleepers, or downers):
- lorazepam (Ativan)
- chlordiazepoxide (Librium)
- alprazolam (Xanax)
- diazepam (Valium)
Other screened substances include:
- phencyclidine (PCP, angel dust)
- methaqualone (Quaaludes, ludes)
- methadone (dollies, dolls, done, mud, junk, amidone, cartridges, red rock)
- propoxyphene (Darvon, Darvon-N, PP-Cap)
- Follow-up to starting the clerkships per the on-site requirements among them:
All students are required to complete Basic Life Support CPR Provider, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider & Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider certification courses within the first 12 weeks of their clinical clerkships under our program. Failure to complete these certification courses within the first 12 weeks will result in termination of clinical rotations through our program. Please provide copies of certification if you have already completed these courses. Online courses are not accepted. These courses are not included in the application fee, additional charges apply.
All students will be required to attend a mandatory orientation session prior to the commencing clinical clerkships by Hospitals or Preceptors if required.
All students are required to wear the provided lab coats and CMU student ID badges must be worn at all times.
- Please send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ID BADGE in the subject line.
Include your mailing address and an ID badge will be mailed to you. Please use an address where you are able to receive the badge, multiple IDs will not be sent out.
- Please send a separate message to email@example.com to schedule your NBME Clinical Subject Shelf Exam
- Please send a separate message to firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to clinical on-line resources.
Any information refining the above can be obtained from the CRC at email@example.com
Any requests for waivers, exceptions, credits, etc have to be submitted to the Faculty of the SPAC at SPAC@cmumed.org